Throughout my explorations in Second Life, one of my most odd experiences occurred while just beginning as a newbie. As my curious mind brought me to search for some of the most unique places in world I began to think of places to visit. One place that I stumbled upon was nude island. Nude island is the perfect stage for unique occurrences in world.
My occurrence was a man wandering around the island asking for some to have sex with his "small" self. It is not alarming to me that this is happening it is solely intriguing that there is so much interest in sex in Second Life. It seems to me that people are acting this way because it is funny, odd, and holds no repercussion as it may in real life. I found that the one man who struck a chord, was the one running around claiming that he had small genetalia and that every woman out there should have sex with him because of it. When I enquired about why he was acting this way he was reluctant to answer. I think that he was finding humor in the seemingly contradictory manor in which he was acting. He seemed to be feeding off of the paradox that he was creating.
Though sex exists in second life, it seems to me that it is nothing more than avatar "bump and grind" and a funny way of joking around in world. There are two main aspects that sex requires, emotional connection, and physical connection, one and often both of these things are lacking in world when people have sex, and therefore I don't see it as anything more than a joke.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment