"a whole new world" To quote Aladin, this lyric seems to embody all of my expectations for second life. It seems that for some reason this virtual world avoids the computer gaming barrier and allows many people who may have never thought of using the computer for anything other than e-mail and powerpoint to exist and interact virtually.
Akin to walking the streets of Manhattan, I expect to find a diverse assortment of people. I know I will be seeing a very different world than I live in for this one is completely user created. Anything can exist on second life so I don’t expect things to be reserved.
There appear to be many reasons for using second life, thus there will be many people attempting to accomplish different things. I know that businesses are run using this program alone so I won't be surprised if I find that people are wanting my virtual money. It seems to me that Second life is meant to be a virtual simulation of human interaction with creative control over one's environment.
With a virtual civilization having over a million inhabitants this is an ultimate resource for information. The ultimate platform for uninhibited conversation and endless fact finding, q&a. A great place to conduct qualitative research.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment